Dear Grace Church,
It’s been a long, unusual year but the Session believes we are now at a place where it is prudent and in the best interests of our church community to return to our normal routine beginning Sunday, May 2, 2021. For Grace Church, “normal routine” means the following:
- Weekly Sunday School at 9:30 AM (a co-ed adult class in the fellowship hall, a ladies-only class in the media room, graded children & youth classes in the education building).
- One morning service at 10:30 AM in the sanctuary (this service will be live-streamed to our website).
- A covered-dish lunch in the fellowship hall immediately following the morning service (we will only be hosting this meal on the third Sunday of each month).
- A Sunday evening service at 6:00 PM.
- Wednesday Prayer Meeting & Discipleship for all ages at 7:00 PM, with covered-dish meals each first Wednesday of the month at 6:00 PM.
Also, the instrumentalists will resume their Sunday rehearsals at 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM, with the choir rehearsing at 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM each Sunday. Ushers will be needed for the 10:30 AM service, as we will be collecting the offering again by passing plates through the congregation during the service. Finally, the deacons will be preparing the communion elements in our normal fashion (non-sealed elements, in separate trays for the bread and the cup).
The Session wants to be sensitive to those of you who have ongoing health concerns (whether COVID-related or otherwise). And so, though masks have never been required at Grace Church gatherings, please know that you are welcome to wear a mask if you deem it necessary. Based on our average attendance over the last several weeks, we expect attendance at the Sunday morning service to be significantly higher than it was pre-COVID. For that reason, we will continue live-streaming to our website at 10:30 AM, and we will also send the live stream feed to the fellowship hall for those who would like to be physcially present but require some extra distancing room. Keep in mind also that the attendance at the evening service is typically much lower than the morning service and might provide a higher measure of social distance.
If you have questions, please feel free to call the church office at (704) 455-9312. As we transition back to normalcy, let’s give thanks to God for His faithfulness these past several months. He has sustained our covenant community through a difficult stretch and will surely continue to sustain us as we eagerly await His return! He is powerful, and He is good; and so, we have reason to be confident and full of gratitude.
Thank you, Grace Church, for your gracious flexibility during these past months and for your faithful support and service to the work of the Kingdom.
The Session of Grace Church