Grace Church seeks to be a place that holds the Bible in high esteem. One of the ways we do this is by making the teaching of God’s Word central to our function as a church. In a 4K world of 10-second soundbites, why is teaching from this ancient book so important?
It’s important because teaching the Word of God is God’s prescribed means of making disciples.
“And Jesus came and said to them, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age’” (Matt 28:18-20).
It’s important because man is naturally bent against God’s truth.
“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth…For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened” (Rom 1:18-21).
It’s important because God uses the teaching of His Word to mature His bride.
“And He gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ” (Eph 4:11-12).
It’s important because God’s Word sanctifies believers.
“Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth” (John 17:17).
It’s important because God’s Word equips believers for every good work.
“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work” (2 Tim 3:16-17).
Here are some of the Bible studies currently being offered:
Sunday School (9:30 a.m.):
- Dave Weekly is teaching a Sunday School class on The Holy Spirit.
- The Adult Ladies’ Class is currently studying the book of Judges (Martha Faires).
- Middle School & High School, Various Topics (Various Teachers).
- Preschool & Elementary, Great Commissions Publications Curriculum (Various teachers).
Wednesday Night (7:00 p.m.):
- The Adult Class is studying The Ten Commandments.
- Middle & High School, Various Topics (Various Teachers)
- Elementary, The First Catechism by Great Commission Publications (Bev Nowlin & Paige Suclupe)
Weekday Groups: Various men’s and women’s groups meet throughout the week.